Gates Introduces Innovative, New Hydraulic Hose Line to Power the Most Demanding Fluid Power Applications
LUXEMBOURG CITY, June 23, 2020 – Gates (NYSE: GTES), a leading global provider of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions, is redefining highpressure hydraulic performance with the introduction of the MegaSys™ MXG™ 4K hydraulic hose. Qualified to one million impulse cycles, this highly differentiated hose is a lightweight, compact, highly flexible drop-in replacement for conventional spiral hoses.Gates XtraTuff™ Plus cover, a standard upgrade on MXG 4K, offers improved abrasion and ozone resistance, providing improved durability when powering the most demanding fluid power applications.
“MXG 4K combines our newest materials with Gates’ advanced processing technologies to create yet another product that stands out in the market,” said Mike Haen, vice president, global product line management. “Our customers’ applications require a lighter weight, more flexible, compact hose; so we tasked our engineers to design a new class of premium hydraulics to exceed the performance typically achieved with wire spiral constructions, but with the lower weight and flexibility driven by Gates next generation wire-braid technology – and they delivered. MXG 4K is truly an industry breakthrough.”
Tested under the same conditions as Gates’ popular EFG4K MegaSpiral™ hose, MXG 4K offers:
- Ultimate Flexibility: MXG 4K is 40% more flexible than conventional spiral hoses, reducing the amount of force needed to properly route, allowing for faster and more ergonomic installation.
- Unrivaled Weight Reduction: At 30% lighter weight, MXG 4K improves equipment performance, material handling, installation and ergonomics.
- Compact Design: MXG 4K is on average 8% more compact, providing an easier fit that also enables upsizing hose selection for increased power.
- Extreme Durability and High Temperature Performance: MXG 4K exceeds industry standards for bend radius and impulse life, performing to one million impulse cycles at high temperatures (121º C/250º F).
- Abrasion and Ozone Resistance to Battle External Factors: The XtraTuff Pluscover, delivered standard on MXG 4K, is engineered to be 25 times more abrasion resistant than Gates’ standard cover and also provides enhanced ozone resistance, passing a rigorous 800-hour ozone test.
“Truly a multi-use hose, MXG 4K serves smaller and more congested hydraulic systems, helping to improve assembly line speeds and achieve tight routings, while deliveringadditional abrasion resistance and ozone protection,” said Cindy Cookson, director of global product line management for hydraulics. “MXG 4K provides our OEM clients and distributors, and ultimately the end user, with a new, innovative technology that has the ability to improve equipment performance and overall output while reducing warranty and repairs.”
+352 228 229 114
If you have a specific expertise and would like to contribute to AgriFocus Africa, please contact us at email@example.com