Agriculture under the spotlight
8 September 2020
Wednesday 9 September sees the opening of the four-day, agriculture focused conference, that will be broadcast on the digital TV channel, AgriXtra.
Registration to the conference is now open at nampovirtual.co.za and is complimentary.
The four-day conference programme modules include panel discussions led by industry luminaries including Jannie de Villiers – CEO: Grain SA; Chris Burgess – Editor-in-Chief: Landbouweekblad and Mpumelelo Mkhabela.
A number of leading economists including Dawie Roodt, Wandile Sihlobo, Professor Johann Kirsten and Theo Vorster will also participate as panellists.
Conference topics include:
– Profitability with exposure to the international market
– Agriculture and the economic recovery programme in South Africa – Post Covid-19
– Did Covid-19 speed up the adoption of new technologies?
– The Agricultural Development Agency journey
– Public Private Partnerships – the role they play in supporting sustainable agriculture and transformation
– Unlocking the potential of Agriculture in SA’s economic recovery
– Agriculture and environmental science
– Adv Tembeka Ngcukaitobi: Exclusive insights on his forthcoming book on land reform
– Climate smart beef
– Why a Breeding and Technology levy on seed?
– Alternative Energy