Innovative Agricultural Development Company Launches In Ghana To Offset US$35 Billion Annual Cost Of Food Imports To Africa
Over 3,300 hectares of land in the Volta region, ‘Lotus Ecoculture’ is on a mission to increase farming yields by up to 30% whilst maintaining a zero-waste, zero-chemical operation through its subsidiary named Mepe Farms LTD, located in Mepe Community, Volta Region
- The business aims to tackle rising food costs using innovative agronomic and agritech solutions, a fully-mechanised technological process and zero-chemical input operation to boost growth in Ghana’s agricultural sector
- All inputs are OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) certified, bringing Ghana best-in-class organic inputs, available to farmers in the region at a discounted price.
With over 6 years of trading and smallholder farmer aggregation in the West African markets, Lotus
Ecoculture’s arrival in Ghana marks the next step on their journey to improving food security in Africa.
By operating highly-efficient farming & processing activities, and building on the processing
Never miss a story. Join our community.
Mepe Farms LTD provides Cultivation-as-a-service to meet local demand and boost exports of Grains and Fresh Produce in Ghana.
Mepe Farms LTD will bridge the gap between food producers and access to raw material in the production of animal feed which is a growing concern to operators in the industry and the Government of Ghana.
The company will create over 50 new jobs running an all-female agronomic team, to remedy the fact that women already make up a significant percentage of the agriculture value chain, but earn a fraction of the income.
Export and off-taker agreements Mepe Farms have already secured massive export agreements including long-term off-taker agreements for the cultivation of:
- 4,500 Metric tonnes of SoyBeans for European and Asian markets
- 2,250 Metric Tonnes of Soybeans and 3,750 Metric Tonnes of Maize to support animal feed
production companies operating locally, through its subsidiary Mepe Grains Ltd
- 3,000MT of Organic Tomatoes servicing two tomatoes processing companies operating in
Bono Region, Ghana