Chongwe Mixed-Farming Aggregation
One of Zambia’s largest and most productive irrigated cropping property’s
CBRE Agribusiness is pleased to present for sale Chongwe Mixed-Farming Aggregation (Chongwe), one of Zambia’s renowned properties, currently operated as a highly productive cropping and seed production enterprise.
Key features of the opportunity include:
- Comprising approximately 2,666* hectares.
- A large scale, contiguous landholding comprising outstanding soil types and well-developed infrastructure, underpinned by excellent climatic conditions (average annual rainfall of 1,087* millimetres).
- 1,122* hectares arable cropping land of which 784* hectares is irrigable via 16 centre pivots.
- Chongwe currently produces wheat, corn and soya bean.
- 7* kilometre frontage to the Chalimbana River.
- Chongwe is located only 40* lineal kilometres east of Lusaka, being the capital city and regional centre transportation hub of Zambia. The farms proximity to Lusaka makes it a future target for residential sub-division and urban development.
- Excellent fit-for-purpose infrastructure and well-developed structural improvements, including separate manager’s residences, office, storage and machinery sheds, seed research and development facility and staff amenities block.
- 1,534* hectares is currently utilised for grazing purposes and supports a herd of 150* mixed breed cattle.
For sale by International Expression of Interest closing Thursday 25th June 2020 at 4pm Central Africa Time (CAT).